Recipe by Charmie777
Easy to put together, and oh so cheesy! If desired, you can stir in 2 cups diced ham along with the cheese mixture.
Top Review by Michelle Berteig
Very good and easy to make, a great side dish. I sliced the potatoes very thinly and used cottage cheese instead of ricotta. To our taste, it could use a bit more salt. I baked it at a lower temperature (325 deg. F.) for a longer time (an hour and 20 minutes approximately) as I was baking a ham at the same time. Made for the Dining Daredevils for ZWT5.
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Arrange potatoes and 1 cup French fried onions in greased 13x9 dish.
- Combine half-and-half, ricotta, salt, garlic powder and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Pour over potatoes; stir gently.
- Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining 1 cup onions.
- Bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden.