1 hr 5 mins
I love potatoes! This is from Cook's Country magazine. Prep time includes time for letting microwave-defrosted hash browns cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and preheat oven to 475 degrees. Coat rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- 2Place hash browns and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high power until butter is melted and hash browns are defrosted, about 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap, stir well, and let cool.
- 3Whisk egg, scallions, cornstarch, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
- 4Add to hash brown mixture and stir until incorporated.
- 5Divide mixture into 10 equal-sized balls and set aside on a large plate.
- 6Place oiled baking sheet in oven and heat until oil is just beginning to smoke, about 6 minutes.
- 7Remove baking sheet from oven, and working quickly, place potato balls on hot baking sheet.
- 8Spray each ball with cooking spray then press each one into a 1/2-inch-thick disk using a metal spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 9Bake until potato pancakes are golden brown on bottom, about 10 minutes. Flip pancakes over, press down using metal spatula, and bake until crisp and golden brown on second side, about 8 minutes.
- 10Place pancakes on a plate lined with paper towels and let drain briefly. Garnish with sour cream and chives, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Potato Pancakes (Using Frozen Hash Browns)
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 311.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hash brown patties