Tijuana or San Diego-I hunt these down when I'm there. Crunchy yummy!
My Private Note
Tacos D ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large tomato, roasted,peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken breasts or 1 1/2 lbs cooked beef or 1 1/2 lbs cooked pork, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas, slightly warmed for easy rolling
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream, thined with the milk
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- shredded queso fresco or shredded farmer cheese
- 1/2-1 cup salsa
- 1Puree the tomato, onion and garlic in a food processor.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Cook tomato filling until thick and reduced-around 5 minutes.
- 4Add the meat of choice and mix well.
- 5Remove from heat and season with salt.
- 6Heat the tortillas and place an equal amount of filling on each.
- 7Roll and secure with toothpicks OR assemble all and chill seam side down.
- 8Heat the oil over medium high heat and when hot begin frying tacos 4 at a time until golden on all sides.
- 9If you are not using the toothpicks-I dont-place seam side down in the hot oil first.
- 10Remove and drain-repeat and keep warm in the oven until done.
- 11When done place 3 on each plate and top with Guacamole, cream and salsa.
- 12Garnish with Cilantro and cheese.
- 13Serve with refried beans and Cactus Salad!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy fried Tacos OR Tacos Dorados
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2060.1
- Calories from Fat 1434
- Total Fat 159.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 243.9 mg
- Sodium 1288.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 83.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: