Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tijuana or San Diego-I hunt these down when I'm there. Crunchy yummy!
Make and share this Crispy fried Tacos OR Tacos Dorados recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large tomato, roasted,peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked pork, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas, slightly warmed for easy rolling
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, thined with the milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups guacamole
- shredded queso fresco or shredded farmer cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup salsa
- Puree the tomato, onion and garlic in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook tomato filling until thick and reduced-around 5 minutes.
- Add the meat of choice and mix well.
- Remove from heat and season with salt.
- Heat the tortillas and place an equal amount of filling on each.
- Roll and secure with toothpicks OR assemble all and chill seam side down.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat and when hot begin frying tacos 4 at a time until golden on all sides.
- If you are not using the toothpicks-I dont-place seam side down in the hot oil first.
- Remove and drain-repeat and keep warm in the oven until done.
- When done place 3 on each plate and top with Guacamole, cream and salsa.
- Garnish with Cilantro and cheese.
- Serve with refried beans and Cactus Salad!