Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Frying the filled tacos makes them extra crispy and delicious.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- In a blender or food processor, combine the salsa ingredients; cover and pulse until salsa reaches desired consistancy. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt.
- In another skillet, heat oil. Fry tortillas just until softened; drain on paper towels.
- Fill tortillas with beef; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in half.
- In an ungreased skillet, fry tortillas on both sides until crisp. Serve with lettuce and salsa.
This was a pretty easy recipe to do. We really liked the salsa . I will be using it for my party. Thanks looneytunesfan. Bullwinkle.