Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Weber’s Real Grilling
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless duck breast halves, about 1/2 inch thick
- Prepare marinade: in a big bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients together.
- Trim duck breasts of any skin or fat that hangs over the edges.
- Score the skin in a diamond pattern with cross hatches at ½ inch intervals, but do not cut into the flesh.
- Place duck in a large zip-lock plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- Press out the air and seal tightly; turn bag to distribute marinade; place in a bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Remove duck from bag and discard marinade.
- Grill, skin side down, over Direct Low heat until the internal temperature reaches 160°, 12-15 minutes, turning once.
- The juices should be lightly pink; the skin golden brown and crisp.
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes; serve warm.