1/2 Photos of Crispy Coconut Chicken With Mango Salsa
Totally Tropical! I served this for our church at a Girls Night - Tropical Breeze event, which we held at a friend's house. We had the hot tub going and served this plus many other great dishes. Not your typical church lady luncheon! If you want, you can easily make this into a great appetizer. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces before breading and serve with a bowl of salsa on the side. This works well with chicken thighs too, and those pieces are cheaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango, finely diced (frozen is ok too)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1Toss first 7 ingredients together in a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- 2Place the coconut, bread crumbs, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- 3Place the eggs in a separate bowl. To bread the chicken, dip the breasts in the egg, then coat well in the coconut mixture.
- 4Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 to 3 chicken breasts (don't crowd the pan). Fry chicken for a few minutes on one side, then turn and fry another 4-5 minutes until the meat is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and pat with paper towels.
- 5Top each breast with mango salsa.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Coconut Chicken With Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1196.4
- Calories from Fat 830
- Total Fat 92.2 g
- Saturated Fat 51.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.9 mg
- Sodium 490.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: