Simple Baked Crispy Coconut Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Really good moist and tender chicken.
- Ready In:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Put breasts and buttermilk in a ziplock and marinate 30 minutes or more.
- In another bag mix crumbs, coconut, salt and pepper.
- Place breasts one at a time in crumb mixture and coat thoroughly, pressing cumb mixture onto both sides.
- Place chicken in heavily greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mix evenly over tops and spray heavily with pan spray.
- Bake 400 F for 15-20 minute.
- Make ahead tips:.
- Put chicken and buttermilk in one ziplock. Crumb mixture in another. Package together in the freezer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love how this combines coconut with breadcrumbs and is done entirely in the oven - both of which cut down on the fat by a lot (vs. pan frying first before baking, as in some recipes). It was still coconut-y and had a great taste. I had to assume with a cook time of 15-20 minutes though that the recipe is intended for chicken tenders, but is missing directions for slicing the chicken breasts (which normally would take more like 50 minutes). We used tenders and baked them 23 minutes, until they started to have a little bit of browning. Oven fried chicken is always a bit of work, but this was definitely taste worthy.Reply