Recipe by Barb G.
BASA, is a member of the catfish family, farm-raised in fresh water. The flavor of the basa is milder and more delicate than other carfish; when cooked it does not give off a "fishy" smell. Serve this recipe and you will be hooked!
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground and toasted
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 lbs basa fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first six ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Dip fillets first in lemon juice, then in almond mixture to coat throughly.
- Place on baking sheet; bake at 400 degrees, 15-20 minutes,or until fish is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley, Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite tarter sauce.