Caribbean Mango Tilapia
- Ready In:
- 4 serrano chilies, seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large shallots, peeled
- 2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces, each)
- cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a food processor, and process until minced.
- Add the mango and next 5 ingredients (mango through salt); process until smooth.
- Place mango mixture and fish in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade.
- Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Place fish on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with mango sauce.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/4 cup mango sauce).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"