Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just an old recipe I thought I'd pass along 8)
- 2 cups sifted enriched flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup crispy chopped bacon or 1⁄2 cup boiled ham
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Seperatly, mix shortening, egg, and milk.
- Add in chopped ham or bacon bits.
- Combine mixtures into one.
- Stir just enough to dampen the flour.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins, 2/3 full.
- Bake 25 minutes.
Very dry and plain to me. I didn't care for them. I even added shredded cheddar cheese to liven it up. Sorry
These were good but I did find them a bit on the dry side. Still very enjoyable.