Layers of flavoring and textures in this most delicious salad with adaptations from Tasty Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CRISPY AVOCADO
- 1 whole avocado, semi-firm
- 1 pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil or canola oil, for frying
FOR THE SALAD
- field greens or mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
FOR THE HONEY-LIME DRESSING
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (can sub red)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
FOR THE SPICY RANCH DRIZZLE
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha asian garlic sauce
- 1For the Crispy Avocado: Halve your avocado and run a sharp knife gently around the perimeter of each half to loosen the meat from the skin. Gently remove the skin and the seed and discard.
- 2Slice each half into wedges, about 8-10. Don’t slice them too thin; you want them to hold up to the breading and frying. Sprinkle the wedges with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- 3Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Place the beaten egg in another bowl. Mix together the panko and Parmesan cheese in a third bowl. Dredge each slice of avocado in the flour, gently shake off any excess flour. Dip into the egg mixture, then finally into the panko mixture, coating all sides well. Set aside.
- 4Pour just enough oil in a frying pan to just cover the bottom. Heat over medium high heat until oil becomes hot enough to fry. Gently set avocado pieces in the hot oil. Fry on all sides until golden, a total of about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. With a spatula gently remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. This may be done in batches.
- 5For the Salad: Assemble salad by layering lettuce, tomatoes, shaved Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon. Top with crispy avocado.
- 6For the Honey-Lime Dressing: Combine honey, vinegar, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in a Mason jar; shake until fully combined. Ingredients may, also, be whisked in a bowl. Drizzle over salad.
- 7For the Drizzle: Combine the ranch dressing and Sriracha in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Drizzle over salad.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Avocado, Bacon & Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.4
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.7 mg
- Sodium 1017.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper
white balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper