1/3 Photos of Crisp Noodle and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Julie B's Hive's Note:
"The Chinese carefully select vegetables to achieve a harmonious balance of contrasting colors and textures. Once you have chopped the vegetables, this dish is quick and easy to put together, and makes an attractive and nutritious meal." Ethnic Cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- peanut oil or sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- 4 ounces rice vermicelli, broken into 3-inch lengths
- 3/4 cup green beans, cut into short lengths
- 2 carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 2 zucchini, cut into thin sticks
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, shredded
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 4 scallions, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprout
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Half-fill a preheated wok or deep, heavy-bottom skillet with oil. Heat to 350°.
- 2Add the noodles, in batches, and cook for 30 seconds, or until crisp and puffed up. Remove with tongs, then drain on paper towels and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of oil from the wok.
- 3Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the green beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the carrot and zucchini sticks, mushrooms, and ginger and stir-fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- 5Add the Napa cabbage, scallions, and bean sprouts and stir-fry for an additional minute.
- 6Add the soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 7Add noodles and cilantro and toss well. Serve immediately.
- 8HERE'S A CHEF'S TIP:.
- 9The dish also looks attractive if you serve the noodles in a small nest on top of the stir-fried vegetables, rather than tossing them with the vegetables in step 7.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Noodle and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 590.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: