Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from a 1959 Crisco cookbook, Praise For The Cook, and I'm posting it as part of my ongoing contribution of vintage recipes from my vast collection of older cookbooks. Apparently, this casserole is "good for busy "meeting" days" since you can "fix it in the morning and bake it for evening". If you do that, it will likely take longer than 30 minutes to heat through, though.
- Preheat oven to 350F, have ready a lightly greased casserole dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt shortening; blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk and worcestershire sauce and cook until thick and smooth, whisking constantly; remove from heat.
- Place 1/4 of the chips in the bottom of the casserole dish; top with 1/3 of the tuna.
- Repeat layers, ending with a topping of potato chips.
- Pour the sauce over all and cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes.