A delicious Mediterranean pastry
Make and share this Crescent Pinwheels (From Pillsbury) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles; place on lightly floured surface.
- Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Press or roll each to form 8x5-inch rectangle.
- Arrange 1/4 of prosciutto slices evenly over each rectangle.
- In small bowl, combine cheese, pepper and oil; mix well.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over prosciutto on each rectangle.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Starting at short side of each rectangle, roll up; seal long edges.
- With serrated knife, cut each roll into 5 slices.
- Place, cut side up, on sprayed cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets. Serve warm.
These are delicious and simple! I used premade puff pastry instead of the dinner roll (?) and served with mozzerela tomato chicken and salad. Very good and will definitely make again! Thanks!
These pinwheels were perfect served with bowls of hot soup! I made these just as directed - I love basil and really enjoyed how that flavor came out in these. Yummy and so easy to make - thanks!
This was astonishingly rich, and took about 15 minutes, start to finish (5 minutes prep, and 10 minutes in my convection oven).<br/><br/>Recommended changes:<br/><br/>--For us, 4 ounces of feta ended up being too much (both in terms of richness, and in terms of consistency... the rolls were a little to apt to disintegrate). I will use less feta next time, and I will break up the larger chunks, too.<br/>--If you don't have fresh basil, dried + a shot of garlic powder seemed to do the trick.<br/>--We did half prosciutto and half pepperoni, and liked both.