1/1 Photo of Crescent Egg Casserole With Ham
We love breakfast casseroles but most of them feature sausage, and we prefer ham. I think you'll also enjoy that this recipe looks beautiful when served, making it nice enough for brunch or company. Save yourself some time in the morning by assembling this casserole the night before. Then just add the eggs and milk in the morning and pop it in the oven. You can also experiment with many different additions, using this basic recipe as your starting point.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees (or 350 degrees if using a glass pan).
- 2Spray 9x9 pan with non-stick spray. Unroll crescent dough and cut off about 1/4 of the dough and put aside (this dough will be used to make strips of the dough for the top of the casserole). Pat the rest of the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan, sealing perforations as you press down.
- 3On top of dough, place diced ham, shredded cheese, and green onions (or broccoli or red pepper if you prefer). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Recipe can be prepared to this point and refrigerated).
- 4In a bowl, mix eggs and milk. Pour over ingredients.
- 5Take the reserved crescent dough and cut it into about 6 long strips. Decoratively arrange the strips of dough on top of the casserole.
- 6Bake 375 degrees (350 degrees if using glass) for 18-20 minutes. Important - the casserole won't be done until you notice that the casserole is puffing up slightly, indicating that the eggs are cooking and expanding. You can also insert a knife in the center and make sure it's clean before removing from the oven.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crescent Egg Casserole With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 252.4 mg
- Sodium 518.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls