I love to eat this. When I have free time and would like to make a special meal, this is the one--it melts in your tummy. I hope you like it as much as I do. If I made the description on how to prepare it hard to understand, please email me and I'll explain better. Eat up!
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in one cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms (I love to use a lot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 warm crepes
- Fry onion in hot oil 5 minutes.
- Add meat,cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce,and 1/4 cup flour.
- Add bouillon, mushrooms and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small pan.
- Stir in 1/4 cup flour; cook 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in milk; bring to boil while stirring.
- Blend in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat and leave cover on.
- Fill crepes w/ground beef mixture; roll up.
- Place in baking dish, pour sauce over and then spread cheddar cheese on top.
- Broil about 3-5 minutes until golden.
- Serve at once!
This was a great and fun recipe. Next time we make it, we will probably spice it up a bit more, we like a little kick. But great recipe and really easy to follow.
DH absolutely loved this and wants to know when we are having it again! The picture doesn't do justice. I almost forgot to take one and had already taken a bite. I guess better late than never! We love crepes at our house so this was a fun recipe using them. Made for fall 2008 PAC.