Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I developed myself...we love garlic, and creole flavor
- 12 ounces raw macaroni or 12 ounces other pastas, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup creole mustard
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Cook and drain pasta; set aside.
- In dutch oven, brown beef or turkey with onion and garlic.
- (If using turkey you may need to add 1 tablespoons oil).
- When onion is transparent, add flour and stir to mix.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Bring to a bubble; stir until sauce thickens.
- When sauce is thickened, stir in creole mustard and turn off heat.
- Add in pasta, stirring to coat.
- Add the garlic pepper.
- If there is too much pasta for the sauce, set the extra pasta aside to be used the next day.