Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this for tonights dinner, oops I sampled already very tasty and spice..its a keeper and LF.
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 head cabbage, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 -2 tomatoes, peeled seeded, and diced
- Combine mayonnaise, parsley, vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seeds and hot pepper sauce in large bowl.
- Add cabbage, onions, celery and tomato.
- Mix slaw; make sure dressing evenly coats vegetables.
- Chill at least 2 hours or as long as 6 hours.
- Before serving, stir well and adjust seasonings.
Excellant cole slaw, Dancer^!! Made it this afternoon for supper tonight, big hit!! Very nice combination of flavours. I cut the recipe in half and we will finish it tomorrow for lunch. I used fresh parsley out of the garden and piri-piri hot sauce. The slaw had a nice little tingle, particularly liked the cider vinegar touch. Thanks for posting a keeper, we will use it often.