Creole Pineapple Coleslaw
photo by Maryland Jim
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (may use vegan mayo)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 8 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple for finely diced pineapple
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine first three ingredients and stir until blended.
- Combine cabbages, carrots and pineapple in a serving bowl; toss together.
- Pour dressing over vegetable and pineapple mixture; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, I really liked this recipe. I must admit that I did not follow the recipe exactly. I happened to have a bag of coleslaw mix so I used it instead of shredding the vegetables separately. Also, I didn't have any sweet pickle relish in the house so I used my own canned pepper relish. This will be made again and again. The pineapple really gives this a nice refreshing twist. Made for ZWT9 and The Apron String Travelers.