Recipe by Ck2plz
I am always looking for a different type of chicken wing recipe. The cooling time includes the marinade and dipping sauce prep. The last 5 ingredients are for the dipping sauce starting at the apricot jam or marmalade.
Top Review by Talal B.
Excellent recipe! I used this for thighs, which are larger, so I increased the oven temp to 350* and baked them on a suspended rack for approx 45 minutes. I had red beans & rice as the perfect accompaniment. Thank you!
- 3 lbs chicken wings, tips removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam or 1⁄2 cup marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, diced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken wings onto a baking sheet, lined with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, add the garlic, shallots, mustard, paprika, thyme, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and Creole seasoning. Stir and then add in the lemon juice to create a paste. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture over the chicken wings. Let the chicken wings absorb the marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake in a 475F degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Turn the chicken wings over and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- To make the apricot dipping sauce, melt the apricot jam in a saucepan over low heat. Add in the mustard, pimiento and apple cider vinegar. Serve this as the dipping sauce for the chicken wings.