Recipe by Charmie777
I found this recipe on a package of kielbasa sausage, I think. I've been making it for years. It's soooo very yummy. In addition to making it for dinner, it's also great in a tortilla with some shredded cheddar, for an on the go meal!
Top Review by katew
I did not know there was a dish called Creole - I thought it was a region ! But this savoury sausage and rice dish is great and so easy to make. I used brown rice and both yellow and red peppers. Made for Zingo.
- 453.59 g package kielbasa or 453.59 g packageother sausage
- 29.58 ml oil
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml diced red bell pepper (or green)
- 198.44 g package Spanish rice mix
- 283.49 g salsa
- 236.59-354.88 ml water
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, bell pepper and sausage in oil in a large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, and rice is tneder, about 10-12 minutes. (The amount of water needs to be adjusted to suit the brand of rice you are using.).
- Remove from heat, and let rest 5 minutes before serving.