Recipe by Yello Kim
I seen this on the Food Network Pie Championship and wanted to see if I could copy it. I tested them all on my Creme Brulee loving husband and he told me I had found the perfect one in this one. I hope you agree.
Top Review by Jdalton1007
I love creme br?l?e and this pie taste the same but it is so much easier to make. I did not use the Dulce de leche and it turned out fantastic. I used a deep dish pie crust not a regular pie crust. I will be making this again! Defiantly a family favorite!
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 2⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- dulce de leche (I use Dulce De Leche Sauce) (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells, cooled. (I have used graham cracker crust too)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- If using Duce De Leche Sauce prepare it and pour into pie crust.
- Beat cornstarch and cream in heavy saucepan until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Continue stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour Creme Brulee into prepared pastry shell and chill for two hours or more.
- Spread sugar over pie and brown in broiler for 5-10 minutes--keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Refrigerate leftovers.