Recipe by leithead
bisque. I prefer red garnet yams for their flavor and sweetness. I also use homemade broth -- quality of your broth will influence your flavor.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb yam, peeled and sliced to 1 inch (about two or three cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- garlic, to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer cauliflower and yam in broth until very soft. Puree with broth.
- Sautee onion and garlic in butter until translucent. (I used a head of roasted garlic, so reserved it until the next step.).
- Puree onion and garlic with butter and drippings. Add to broth puree.
- Wisk in sour cream, salt, and nutmeg. Let simmer for flavor to merge.
- Serve hot.