Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the perfect meal for a cold day! We have made it several times during the sub-zero winter here in Rexburg!
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less depending on what you like)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (Canned Chicken also works very well)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 12 ounces sour cream
- Drain and Rinse Beans.
- Mix all ingredients, except Sour Cream, in a large stew pot or a crock pot if you prefer.
- Simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add sour cream just before serving!