Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was one of the first soups I ever made and it's still a favourite.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 quarts vegetable broth or 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups light cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and celery in butter until softened.
- Add the sweet potatoes, zucchini and broccoli.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Stir in broth, simmer for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes and seasonings.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in cream and heat until warm throughout.