Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy way to use fall vegetables.Just add a loaf of warm bread for a meal.
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded white potato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk (I use fat-free)
- In large pot,combine onion,sweet potato,zucchini,broccoli,and chicken broth.
- simmer til veggies are crisp/tender.
- Add shredded potatoes,and seasonings.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until veggies are temder.
- Stir in milk and heat through.
- If too thin,add flour or cornstarch to thicken.
This soup hit the spot over the weekend. I substituted the sweet potatoes and broccoli for celery and carrots, since that's what I had in the house. I also added in a can of white kidney beans, and it tasted great. A few suggestions: * don't add the chicken broth until the veggies are soft / mostly cooked * i needed to add in wondra while cooking to make it thick enough. (one can of milk didn't do it) Otherwise, it was a great meal. Good suggestion with the bread!