Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rachael Rays creamy tuna with tarragon and egg noodles.
- 3⁄4 lb extra wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onions or 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 sprigs tarragon, leaves off stem, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the egg noodles and cook to al dente, with a little bite left to them.
- While you are waiting for the water to come to a boil, place a large skillet over medium heat and heat EVOO. Add onion or shallot to the oil and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add butter to the pan and melt. Once the butter has melted, sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir, letting the butter-flour mixture cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the stock and let the liquid cook until it thickens up, about 5 minutes. Add the half-and-half or milk and the mustard and bring the mixture back up to a bubble. Turn to low and add in the tarragon and the tuna; stir in the peas. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drain noodles and combine with sauce, adjust seasonings and serve.