1/1 Photo of Creamy Tomato Soup
chef lisae's Note:
Felt like making tomato soup, using ingredients on hand. This is what I produced. This recipe uses fat free greek yogurt for a added dose of protein.
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 411.06 g can muir glen fire roasted diced tomatoes (No Salt Added)
- 170.09 g container fat free Greek yogurt
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely copped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 low-sodium chicken bouillon cube (I actually use no sodium broth packets, but, its not recognized here)
- 236.59 ml water
- mrs. dash table lend seasoning (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- cooking spray
- 1Heat a sauce pot with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- 2Add the onions and garlic.
- 3Sautee for 3 minutes.
- 4add the broth seasoning, water, tomatoes, bay leaves and garlic powder.
- 5Stir an bring soup to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove the bay leaves.
- 8Puree soup (I use an immersion hand blender).
- 9Stir in yogurt.
- 10Adjust seasoning , if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 54.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes