Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Felt like making tomato soup, using ingredients on hand. This is what I produced. This recipe uses fat free greek yogurt for a added dose of protein.
- 411.06 g canmuir glen fire roasted diced tomatoes (No Salt Added)
- 170.09 g container fat free Greek yogurt
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely copped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 low-sodium chicken bouillon cube (I actually use no sodium broth packets, but, its not recognized here)
- 236.59 ml water
- mrs. dash table lend seasoning (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- cooking spray
- Heat a sauce pot with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic.
- Sautee for 3 minutes.
- add the broth seasoning, water, tomatoes, bay leaves and garlic powder.
- Stir an bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Puree soup (I use an immersion hand blender).
- Stir in yogurt.
- Adjust seasoning , if desired.
I loved this healthy soup. I had to adjust a few things because of my pantry but it came out delicious. I used a can of low salt chicken broth in place of the water/season packet, and I used a combination of canned Rotel tomatoes and stewed tomatoes in place of the tomatoes listed. The result was so good on the spicy side but the yogurt really tempered it. This one will be a repeat in my house! Made for PAC 2011.