Homemade Pizza With Mild Tomato Sauce
photo by Summerwine
- Ready In:
2 12 inch pizzas
For the Pizza Crust
- 1 (7 g) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup very warm water (2/3 cold water, 1/3 boiled)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
For the Pizza Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (or 1 can of canned tomatoes processed in a food processor)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese (to your taste)
- pepperoni (optional) or mushroom, etc (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Put flour in large bowl with yeast, sugar, salt; stir together.
- Stir in vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add water to the flour mixture and beat vigorously 20 strokes; let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 parts; toss or roll to shape and place on a pizza pan.
- In a large saucepan combine tomato sauce, oregano, salt, garlic and pepper; bring to a low boil then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in cream.
- Divide sauce between both pizzas to your own desired amounts.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top and add other toppings BUT NOT mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizza in hot 425F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- To Freeze: Make pizza as the above directions including baking. Once cooled wrap thickly in plastic wrap, then wrap in foil, seal tightly and I like to wrap once again in plastic wrap. Will last for 3 months in the freezer. To reheat; totally unwrap frozen pizza and put on a pizza pan with holes in it or directly on the rack of the oven (if you use direct racks place foil underneath to prevent overspills). Bake 425F for 10-15 minutes. If you have loads of toppings it could take another 5 minutes or so. Watch it after the 10-15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!