Recipe by JustJanS
I got the idea for this from a recipe by Kim127. I made this at work last night and it was very good I think.
Top Review by Fairy Nuff
I came here to write my review, saw Jewelies review and remembered the pine nuts, nicely toasted, still sitting on the bench So this review is sans pine nuts! I served this tonight as a starter. I didn't have frozen spinach but had a bag of baby spinach so used that, apart from that one change and forgetting the pine nuts I made the recipe as written. Lots of flavour and we all agreed that it has to be made again (next time with the pine nuts!).
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 400 g bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup cream (I use light)
- 1 (300 g) box frozen spinach, thawed
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (shake them in a dry pan over high heat until golden-remove to a plate to cool)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frypan and fry the onion, garlic and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the white wine, cream, spinach and black pepper and bring to a gentle boil; reduce the heat and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese, stir through and serve with the cooked pasta of your choice, with the toasted pinenuts over the top.
- Serve with extra parmesan if you wish.