Chicken With Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, patted dry and coarsely chopped (1/2 oz)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown chicken, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
- (Chicken will not be cooked through.) Transfer with tongs to a plate.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes to skillet and sauté, stirring, until garlic is pale golden, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, covered.
- Add chicken to skillet with any juices accumulated on plate and simmer, covered, until just cooked through, 3 minutes approximately.
- Transfer chicken with tongs to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
- Stir cream and 2 tablespoons basil into sauce in skillet and bring just to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
Join The Conversation