Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My girlfriend (from long ago) Judy and I were served brunch by a friend who is starting her catering business again. We had Champagne Punch & a few other items but all I wanted were those fabulous eggs & potato pancakes! It was so good! It was delicious! ;) I would prefer a white Chardonay or any very dry Spanish wine but what do I know? :)
ASIAGO POTATO PANCAKES
- 2 russet potatoes, baked and thorougly chilled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons grated asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
CREAMY SMOKED-SALMON SCRAMBLED EGGS
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces chopped smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon very finely minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons whipped light chive & onion cream cheese or 3 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche (I prefer sour cream) or 1⁄4 cup sour cream (I prefer sour cream)
- fresh ground black pepper
- PREPARE POTATO PANCAKES:.
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
- Whisk together eggs, shallots, Asiago cheese, sliced green onions, flour, salt, pepper &, baking soda together.
- Stir in potatoes, mixing thoroughly but GENTLY.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon potato mixture into skillet.
- Forming pancakes about 3 inches in diameter.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding oil as necessary; keep warm.
- PREPARE SMOKED-SALMON SCRAMBLED EGGS:.
- Prepare pancakes, cover, and keep warm.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and 3 tablespoons chives.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook eggs, stirring with a spatula, until they hold together but are still SOFT!
- Add cream cheese so that it melts into the eggs, to make them creamier.
- Add smoked salmon, and continue cooking 1 minute, until the eggs are cooked but still moist, DON'T OVERCOOK!
- Arrange 3 pancakes each on 4 individual serving plates.
- Spoon the eggs on top.
- Combine shallots and creme fraiche, and dollop on eggs.
- Sprinkle with remaining chives and pepper.