My girlfriend (from long ago) Judy and I were served brunch by a friend who is starting her catering business again. We had Champagne Punch & a few other items but all I wanted were those fabulous eggs & potato pancakes! It was so good! It was delicious! ;) I would prefer a white Chardonay or any very dry Spanish wine but what do I know? :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
ASIAGO POTATO PANCAKES
- 2 russet potatoes, baked and thorougly chilled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons grated asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
CREAMY SMOKED-SALMON SCRAMBLED EGGS
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces chopped smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon very finely minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons whipped light chive & onion cream cheese or 3 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche (I prefer sour cream) or 1/4 cup sour cream (I prefer sour cream)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1PREPARE POTATO PANCAKES:.
- 2Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
- 3Whisk together eggs, shallots, Asiago cheese, sliced green onions, flour, salt, pepper &, baking soda together.
- 4Stir in potatoes, mixing thoroughly but GENTLY.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Spoon potato mixture into skillet.
- 7Forming pancakes about 3 inches in diameter.
- 8Cook 3-4 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- 9Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding oil as necessary; keep warm.
- 10PREPARE SMOKED-SALMON SCRAMBLED EGGS:.
- 11Prepare pancakes, cover, and keep warm.
- 12Whisk together eggs, cream, and 3 tablespoons chives.
- 13Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 14Cook eggs, stirring with a spatula, until they hold together but are still SOFT!
- 15Add cream cheese so that it melts into the eggs, to make them creamier.
- 16Add smoked salmon, and continue cooking 1 minute, until the eggs are cooked but still moist, DON'T OVERCOOK!
- 17Arrange 3 pancakes each on 4 individual serving plates.
- 18Spoon the eggs on top.
- 19Combine shallots and creme fraiche, and dollop on eggs.
- 20Sprinkle with remaining chives and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Smoked-Salmon Scrambled Eggs over Asiago Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.7
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 571.4 mg
- Sodium 912.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light chive & onion cream cheese