Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups cooked deveined shrimp, chilled
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced celery
- 4 hard-cooked egg whites, coarsely chopped,yolks discarded
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free thousand island salad dressing
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, egg whites, walnuts and onions.
- Add the dressing and stir until the shrimp-mixture is coated.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator about 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
- To serve, divide the lettuce among four plates.
- Then top with shrimp mixture.
This is really good. Its a shame not more have commented.
This was delicious without being too heavy on fat and calories. I served the shrimp salad mixture over mixed baby greens instead of just romaine lettuce. I'll be making this many times during the warm weather months. Thanx for posting!