Creamy Dill Shrimp Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 4 lbs large shrimp, in the shell (16 to 20 shrimp per pound)
- 2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 cup minced red onion (1 onion)
- 3 cups minced celery (6 stalks)
- Bring 5 quarts of water, 3 tablespoons salt, and the lemon to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add half the shrimp and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook uncovered for only 3 minutes or until the shrimp are barely cooked through.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cold water.
- Bring the water back to a boil and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Let cool; then peel, and devein the shrimp.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, wine or vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and dill.
- Combine with the peeled shrimp.
- Add the red onion and celery and check the seasonings.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Since my childhood i have LOVED food and cooking. Anything associated with food and cooking. I have an extensive collection of recipes, numbering around 50,000 from various cookbooks, friends and family members that have passed them along. I spend a lot of time cooking and gardening. I am currently working on starting my own catering business out of my home and love incorporating other families recipes in with my own. Right now my husband is the main taste tester. Our son is too young to try anything, but my husband can't wait until he can help eat things. My husband jokes i will need to give birth to a football team to put away the amount of food i cook for him to try. We live in North Carolina and both work for the same company as Networking Engineers.