1/1 Photo of Creamy Raisin Rice Pudding
From Uncle Ben's flyer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rice, water and salt in 3-quart saucepan.
- 2Bring to a vigorous boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until all water is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- 3Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- 4Add milk, sugar mixture and raisins to rice.
- 5Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- 7Slowly stir about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture into egg yolks in bowl.
- 8Stir into remaining mixture in saucepan.
- 9Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until mixture starts to bubble.
- 10Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Raisin Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 159.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g