Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Pumpkin pie with the addition of cream cheese and cranberries!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 9 inches pie crusts (use your favorite recipe or Most Incredible No Fail Pie Crust)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 16 ounces can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl to further soften it. Beat in the white sugar and the brown sugar, then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract, spices, salt, pumpkin, and cream, and blend the filling on a low speed until it is smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared/panned pie shell and bake the pie on the center rack for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350° and continue baking until the pie puffs slightly around the edges and the center is no longer soupy, about another 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Cover the pie and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours.
- To prepare the topping, blend the orange juice and cornstarch in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in the cranberry sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring all the while. Let the filling boil for 1 minute, then remove it from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the topping over the pie and smooth it up to the edges with a spoon. Pour the rest of the topping into a serving bowl.
- Chill the pie for 15 minutes before serving, and set out the remaining topping for those who prefer an extra-tart flavor.