From the Pioneer 50th Anniversary Cookbook. Recipe submitted by Tena Svoboda of Kingfisher. This is one of my family's favorites!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook potatoes until they are almost done. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In large bowl mix soup, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic salt and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Add potatoes to mixture and stir well to cover the potatoes.
- Put in 9x13-inch pan and cook 30-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of potatoes when they are removed from oven.
- Note: I have tried this recipe with 98% fat free cream of celery and reduced fat sour cream and cheeses, and the recipe turned out very tasty!
Made for Fall 09 PAC. Used Placer Gold Potatoes so did not want to waste the delicious thin yellow peel that has so many nutrients. Loved the sauce, and added the onions cuz I happen to enjoy them, both in the sauce and to top with the cheese. This is a fantastic side dish, and would go wonderfully with Steak, Roasted Chicken, or a Light Fish dish. Thank you for a great dish.
Loved this! I coulda eaten the sauce by itself lol I followed the recipe exactly other than adding basil and dill. Turned out perfectly! Will be making this one again!