1/1 Photo of Creamy Potato Soup
1 hr 7 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, add potatoes, celery, onion, water and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender; cool slightly.
- 3Place half of potato mixture in a blender; cover and puree.
- 4Repeat with remaining potato mixture; set aside.
- 5In same large pot, melt butter.
- 6Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- 7Gradually add milk and bring to a boil.
- 8Boil and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- 9Pour in potato puree and cook until heated thoroughly.
- 10Pour soup into individual serving bowls; garnish with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2377.4
- Calories from Fat 763
- Total Fat 84.8 g
- Saturated Fat 52.1 g
- Cholesterol 259.6 mg
- Sodium 7120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 346.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.0 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 68.9 g