1 hr 5 mins
This is a very homey comforting pork dish. It doesn't take a lot of work or ingredients. I was looking for something that would just taste good and have a wonderful gravy. The onions and garlic add a really nice mellow sweetness to the dish. I used yellow onions which are sweeter than white, but almost any kind of onion would work. I would not use red onions though because the flavor is much too strong. My family loves garlic so I used more, but make it to your tastes. My 2 year old gobbled it up. Left overs are delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 3Brown pork chops over medium-high heat.
- 4When chops are browned, but not cooked through, place in a 13x9 baking dish.
- 5In the same skillet you browned the chops saute the sliced onions until caramelized, sprinkling with a little salt to add flavor and bring out the sugars.
- 6When the onions are starting to get a little color add your garlic cloves.
- 7When onions and garlic are nicely caramelized pour over pork chops.
- 8In the same skillet add the can of cream of chicken soup, milk, salt and pepper to taste, and parmesan cheese. Whisk until all the lumps are gone.
- 9When this reaches a creamy texture (you may need to add a little water if it's too thick) pour over pork chops and onions.
- 10Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.9
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 635.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 48.9 g