Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
From another mom. Splurge for freshly grated Parmesan (check the refrigerated case at most supermarkets)--the kind in a canister just doesn't taste as good.
- 1 cup canola oil (or a mixture of both) or 1 cup olive oil (or a mixture of both)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and store in the refrigerator. Makes about 2 cups.
This is very good! It is very creamy and delicious. Thanks for sharing. Made for Gimme 5 tag.
I made a simple side salad for supper and we loved this dressing. DH grated a cup of parmesan cheese that I added to the blender along with everything but the oil. Slowly added the canola oil and it came together perfectly. I did add one large clove of garlic and some salt and pepper. Thank you hon for posting this recipe! Made and reviewed for the kid friendly recipe tag in the Cooking for Kids forum.
This is very nice and creamy. It is very good. I kept thinking while eating the salad that this would be really good with garlic. I think next time, I might give that a try. Very easy to put together and it was equally as good tonight as last night.