Prep 15 mins
Cook 47 mins
From the Cuisinart Rice Cooker instruction booklet. Makes 3 cups (serves 6 as a side dish, 4 as a first course, 2 as an entree) This is for the 4 cup rice cooker.
- 4 ounces asparagus, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Lightly coat the steaming tray of the rice cooker with cooking spray. Place asparagus in steaming tray, reserve.
- Place butter and olive oil in the rice cooking bowl, turn on and wait one minute. Stir in the chopped onions anc arrots and cover, cook 1 minute.
- Add the rice; stir to coat completely. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the wine; cover. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until wine is completely absorbed.
- Add the water or stock; stir.
- Cover and cook 25 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times during cooking.
- Place the asparagus filled steaming tray on the rice cooking bowl and cover. Cook until the rice cooker switches to "warm, about 5 minutes longer.
- When the rice cooker switches to "warm", stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan and white pepper. Replace the steaming tray over the rice cooking bowl and let stand on "warm" for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir the steamed asparagus into the risotto.