Creamy Parmesan Orzo With Bacon
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon (you can drain the bacon fat or leave it).
- Melt 2-3 tablespoons butter, then add in onions and garlic; saute until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the orzo and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the 4-1/2 cups broth; simmer uncovered until the orzo is firm-tender and the broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally (this should take about 7-8 minutes).
- Add in whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and thyme, then cooked bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- *NOTE* you can thin with additional broth if desired.