Plan ahead, this needs to chill for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight before serving. For a *chocolate* cheesecake; omit lemon juice, melt 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons butter in microwave, cool until almost room temperature then mix in with the cream cheese. You might also want to reduce the sugar by a couple of tablespoons. See *note* on the bottom for a graham crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chocolate sandwich style cookies (Oreo cookies work the best)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (can use 1-1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, unwhipped
- 2/3 cup sugar (or use 2/3 cup confectioners sugar)
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling (or use blueberry pie filling)
- 1Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or a 8 or 10-inch springform pan.
- 2In a processor process the cookies until finely crushed, then place in a bowl.
- 3Add in melted butter then mix until combined.
- 4Press into the bottom of the pan; chill or freeze while making the rest of the dessert.
- 5In a very chilled bowl using an electric mixer with chilled beaters beat the whipping cream until VERY thick.
- 6Place the whipped cream in the coldest part of the fridge and chill for 45 minutes.
- 7In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth and no sugar granules remain.
- 8Using a spatula fold in the chilled whipped cream until well combined.
- 9Spread the mixture on top of the crust.
- 10Top with the cherry topping then refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 11If using a springform pan remove the sides of the springform pan just before serving.
- 12*NOTE* for a graham crust; in a bowl mix together 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs with 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until combined; add in 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine.
- 13Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- 14Chill or freeze until firm.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy No-Bake Cheesecake Dessert With Chocolate Crust
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.5
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 378.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g