Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are creamy, cheesy and quick and easy!
Make and share this Creamy Mushroom , Pepper & Cheese Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced bell pepper
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, jalapeños, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Transfer to bowl and cool. Stir mayonnaise into cooled mushrooms.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Sprinkle with cheese and top with mushroom mixture. Fold each in half to form a semi-circle. Wipe out skillet and return to stove over medium heat. When hot, add quesadillas 2 at a time to skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly golden and cheese melts. Repeat with remaining quesadillas and serve immediately.
- Optional: You can heat in microwave oven if you don`t want your tortillas crispy!
Yum, these are great! I used a pepperjack cheese and low-fat mayo. The combo of veggies was delicious, and there was a nice kick! Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap.
I made these for dinner tonight, and we loved them! Not having all the ingredients on hand I made some substitutions using portabella mushrooms, shallots in place of the onion, garlic powder in lieu of fresh garlic and chilli powder & paprika instead of jalapenos. I used chilli flavoured tortillas and Edam cheese, and the other ingredients as listed. We topped the quesadillas with sour cream and salsa, but they'd probably have been almost as good plain as the filling was so flavoursome & moist. I was a bit concerned the mayonnaise would result in a soggy tortilla, but they crisped up beautifully. Thank you for a delicious recipe I'm already looking forward to making again!
We like this recipe but found the mayonaise very rich so we will add sour cream next time...and perhaps some chicken breast strips!