- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄4 cup other dried fruit (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- in a microwave safe bowl mix together the milk, oats and dried fruit.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.(Make sure you use a container big enough so it sdoesn't boil over) Stir mixture. Continue to microwave until mixture starts to boil (about 1 more minute).
- Remove oatmeal from microwave and stir. Cover and let set for 2 minutes. Remove and stir in sugar and spice.
- Serve warm with additional milk if desired.