Recipe by Kim127
Smoother and creamier version of the standard limoncello. This recipe comes from Gourmet. This needs to stay chilled and will keep for one month.. Make sure to note the prep time. This needs to sit for 4 days and needs to chill for a couple of hours before being served.
Top Review by jbach51068
I'm making this for the 2nd time in as many months. It was a huge hit at a party we attended. Love to have this as a nightcap- yum! I use Pinnacle Whipped Vodka and I, too, didn't have much of a reduction when cooking the milk (even after 45-60 minutes).
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the zest from the lemons with a vegetable peeler (about 5 strips per lemon). The fruit can be put aside for another use. Make sure to scrape off any white pith from the zest.
- Soak zest in vodka for 4 days (room temperature).
- Strain vodka through a fine-meshed sieve, discarding the zest. Transfer vodka to a glass bottle (preferably 2 quart).
- Simmer milk and sugar over medium low heat, uncovered, until reduced to about 4 cups. Should be about 25-30 minutes.
- Skim off any foam.
- Cool sweetened milk completely and then add to vodka.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Shake well before serving.