1/3 Photos of Creamy Limoncello
108 hrs 30 mins
Smoother and creamier version of the standard limoncello. This recipe comes from Gourmet. This needs to stay chilled and will keep for one month.. Make sure to note the prep time. This needs to sit for 4 days and needs to chill for a couple of hours before being served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the zest from the lemons with a vegetable peeler (about 5 strips per lemon). The fruit can be put aside for another use. Make sure to scrape off any white pith from the zest.
- 2Soak zest in vodka for 4 days (room temperature).
- 3Strain vodka through a fine-meshed sieve, discarding the zest. Transfer vodka to a glass bottle (preferably 2 quart).
- 4Simmer milk and sugar over medium low heat, uncovered, until reduced to about 4 cups. Should be about 25-30 minutes.
- 5Skim off any foam.
- 6Cool sweetened milk completely and then add to vodka.
- 7Chill at least 2 hours.
- 8Shake well before serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Limoncello
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 107.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g