Recipe by Marie
A yummy dish that goes together really quick.
Top Review by Chef Boy R Lis
I loved this recipe, but made a few quick changes. I used 1.25 lbs sweet italian turkey sausage, a full lb of pasta (cellitini). For the peppers, I added 1 cup bottled roasted red peppers, diced. So, I pretty much doubled the meat and pasta but I kept the cream the same. Sauce was thin but I let the pasta sit for 5 minutes in the sauce and it got thicker. For the peppers, I added 1 cup bottled roasted red peppers, diced.
:) Will make again! Recipe could definitely stretch to 5 or 6 people with the full lb of pasta.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 3⁄4 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil and butter over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink.
- Add broth; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture and pasta.
- Before serving, sprinkle with parsley.