Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a versatile recipe for scrambled eggs that I threw together trying to use up leftover low fat 'Laughing Cow' spreadable cheese wedges since I had run out of crackers. The flavored cheese gives it a wonderful taste and texture. Ingredients could be added to suit your tastes and what you have on hand.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 wedges of spreadable cheese (I use Laughing Cow, French Onion flavor, which are 3/4 oz each)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick pan over medium heat, and saute onions until soft and translucent.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and add to the pan, lowering the heat to medium-low. As the eggs cook, give them an occasional stir to shift the uncooked portions to the bottom.
- Cut the cheese wedges into small cubes.
- Once the eggs are a little more than half-way cooked through, add the parsley and cheese and season with salt and pepper. Keep a close eye on the eggs, gently stirring til cooked through. They should be solid, light and fluffy, but not dry.
Delicious eggs! I used cilantro instead of parsley...I'm not a fan of the taste of parsley...my cheese wedges of choice was creamy Swiss...we loved the taste of the onions in the scrambled eggs...along with the burst of cheese in every other bite...thanks for posting the recipe...Made for Spring 2014 PAC =)
I really enjoyed these scrambled eggs and with the little cubes of laughing cows cheese which when added in the latter stages doesn't melt but goes soft and every now then you get a real creamy mouthful which I thoroughly enjoyed, thank you pheebess for posting and Mikekey for recommending, made for I Recommend tag game.
This was ok and a great way to use up small portions of cheese spreads. Made for I Recommend tag game.