Recipe by pheebess
This is a versatile recipe for scrambled eggs that I threw together trying to use up leftover low fat 'Laughing Cow' spreadable cheese wedges since I had run out of crackers. The flavored cheese gives it a wonderful taste and texture. Ingredients could be added to suit your tastes and what you have on hand.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a great sandwich this recipe made Pat. It was tasty, comforting and very satisfying. I didn`t roast the cherry tomatoes but left them raw (personal preference). This sandwich was wonderful, flavorful and full of great textures. Thank you for sharing. Made for First Time Tag
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 wedges of spreadable cheese (I use Laughing Cow, French Onion flavor, which are 3/4 oz each)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick pan over medium heat, and saute onions until soft and translucent.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and add to the pan, lowering the heat to medium-low. As the eggs cook, give them an occasional stir to shift the uncooked portions to the bottom.
- Cut the cheese wedges into small cubes.
- Once the eggs are a little more than half-way cooked through, add the parsley and cheese and season with salt and pepper. Keep a close eye on the eggs, gently stirring til cooked through. They should be solid, light and fluffy, but not dry.