Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Right off an old Kraft marshmallow creme jar. It has changed over the years, but I think this one is still the best. I have used an equal weight of a good grade of dark chocolate in place of the chips...
- Lightly grease a foil-lined 9x9x2 inch pan; set aside.
- Heat sugar, butter, evaporated milk, marshmallow, salt in a 3 quart sauce pan over a medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for exactly 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in optional walnuts.
- Spread into pan, sprinkle with optional milk chocolate chips, more nuts, coconut and/or mini-marshmallows.
- Refrigerate overnight, carefully turn out onto a cutting board, remove foil, flip back over and cut into 1-inch squares.