Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a creamy dish made possible by skim milk! It's very delicious yet has a lower fat count than most "creamy" pastas!
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 ounces Canadian bacon, diced (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large saucepan. Whisk in milk and chicken broth; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in fettucine, peas, bacon, Parmesan and basil. Heat through.